Tue 15 Sep 2009
Gut wrenching. That about sums it up. 12 years of:
- picking up the garbage scattered on the floor throughout the apartment because I forgot to close the bathroom door before I left
- backpacking trips without a single whine about how much further we were going that day
- giving her a bath because she rolled in something nasty when she was out running in the neighoring farm fields
- running along side of me, forgetting that anything else even exists
- replacing shower curtains because a thunderstorm came through while I was away and her safe place is the bathtub and her nervous activity is to shred the shower curtain
- giving me her paw or rolling over or sitting in return for a treat
- vacuuming up ungodly amounts of dog hair and swearing I would never have another short haired dog again
- returning home to find the container of chocolate chip cookies or brownies I left on the counter laying on the floor empty
- horrendous doggy breath
- thinking that car rides were the absolute, most exciting thing life had to offer
- unconditional love, company, friendship, and kisses
I wouldn’t trade a single day of it.
I’ll miss my Ackey-girl.